On 16 November 2021, the first Steering Committee meeting of the new EMODnet Chemistry phase took place online.
The new phase started on 3 October 2021 and the Steering Committee meeting, open to the partners and subcontractors of the consolidated Consortium, was crucial to recall the objectives of the next two-year project and start taking strategic decisions to carry on the planned activities. It was a half-day virtual meeting from 9 AM to 1 PM CEST (Rome time).
The meeting was attended by 33 participants from 16 European organizations.
Hereafter detailed information is available by means of WP-targeted presentations.
- WP1 – Project management and international cooperation (OGS)
- WP2 – Metadata and data population by data providers: who has to catch up; making use of ICES for selected countries (MARIS)
- WP2 – Review of guidelines, quality control information and vocabularies(OGS)
- WP2 – Nutrients loads by major rivers (ETT)
- W3 – Project planning for generation of data products, including collections (OGS)
- W3 – Lesson learned, needs and gaps in data collection and generation/publication of maps on contaminants (ISPRA)
- W3 – Marine litter data collections (micro e macro) (OGS)
- W4 – Possible EMODnet Chemistry vision on centralization ahead of meeting with CP team (MARIS)
- W4 – Plan for development of API for the webODV Extractor service and derived advanced services for the Map viewer (AWI)
- W4 – Expanding ML database system: new data and needs from global perspective (OGS)
- W5 – Uptake, outreach, and interaction. Planning next EMODnet/ICES data integration for EEA indicators (ICES)