- EMODnet Day – Italia: Marine data for the industry and the private sector towards sustainable development - Photos and Presentations are available
- 12 June 2018
After the success of the 2015 edition, the Italian members of the EMODnet family are organizing the second Italian EMODnet Day, named “Marine data for the industry and the private sector towards sustainable development”.
The event will take place in Trieste on 8 June 2018, on the World Oceans Day, and is organised by the Friuli Venezia Giulia, OGS, the National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics, together with the National Research Council (CNR), the Euro-Mediterranean Centre on Climate Change (CMCC), Cogea, the Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (ENEA), ETT, the Hydrographic Institute of the Italian Navy, the National Institute of Geophysics and Volcanology (INGV), the Italian Institute for Environmental Protection and Research (ISPRA) and TRUST-IT.
The conference will be an occasion for cross-fertilisation between EMODnet members and users, and will see the participation of representatives from ministries, regional government bodies, public research institutes, as well as private companies. Use cases of EMODnet data will open a discussion on how marine open data can foster the development of several sectors in the Italy’s blue economy, such as tourism, environment, aquaculture, etc.
Location: Salone di Rappresentanza, Palazzo della Regione Friuli Venezia Giulia, Piazza Unità d'Italia 1, Trieste, Italy.
Consult the final programme of the event.
The photos of the event are available on NODC's Twitter account
Some detailed tweets:
- EMODnet Italian day - Maria Cristina Pedicchio, the OGS' President, is speaking
- EMODnet Italian day - Alessandra Giorgetti - OGS
- EMODnet Italian day NODC GROUP
EMODnet Italian Day Presentations:
- EMODnet Day slide
- I portali EMODnet: Bathymetry, Seabed Habitats, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Human Activities (Prampolini)
- EMODnet ingestion: brokering of NRT hydrology data for integration in EMODnet physics portal (Boldrini)
- EMODNET Data Ingestion ENEA - Condividere i dati in maniera intuitiva (Pecci)
- EMODnet Use Case - Adeguatezza del sistema EMODnet alla creazione di prodotti e applicazioni per la società (Simoncelli)
- EMODNet Reporting MSFD - L’utilizzo della piattaforma EMODnet Chemistry per il reporting previsto dalla MSFD (Giorgi)
- Utilizzo dei dati EMODnet nel sistema di previsione oceanografica dell’UK Met Office (Tonani)
- EMODnet HyMOLab - Mediterranean Wind-Wave Model Previsione e ricostruzione multi-decennale a medio-alta risoluzione spazio-temporale dei campi di onda e di vento sul Mare Mediterraneo (Contento)
- EMODnet Italia PM TEN - Modellistica ambientale per lo studio di impatto e la valutazione di scenario (Brotto)
- Ambiente e turismo - Impatti e rifiuti marini - Integrazione di dati pubblici e privati a sostegno dell’economia blu (Visintin)
- EMODnet now and in future
- Wake Up Your Data